On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me seven swans a swimming, six geese a laying, five golden rings, four calling birds, three French hens, two turtle doves and a Partridge in a pear tree.
Day 7: chocolate chip cookies
Since this was one of my first posts, I thought I would share it again. Chocolate chip cookies are a classic and these ones have a “healthy” spin on them. They’re by far my favorite “healthy” cookie. They’re my go-to cookie and were my best seller at the Farmer’s Market!
“Healthy” Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup sugar (I use organic cane sugar, coconut sugar would probably work too)
1 T ground flaxseeds
2 t pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups oat flour (if you cannot find oat flour in the store, simply put oatmeal in the blender or food processor until it becomes a flour-y texture)
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix apple sauce, almond butter, sugar and flaxseeds until smooth.
3. Add vanilla, oat flour and baking soda. Mix well.
4. Add whole wheat flour and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Flatten the cookies a little (they won’t spread during baking).
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until edges start to brown. If you like your cookies crispier, leave them in a little longer.
7. Let cool and enjoy.